Monday, November 2, 2015

One Autumn Afternoon | Vibrant Colors of Fall


A Pinay's Diary
 Vibrant colors and golden hues
~ Autumn is a very beautiful time of year. 
Please walk with me down Jones Lake, Moncton

 One of the many delights in coming to Canada is seeing the magnificent colors of Autumn.  Back home in the Philippines, we can only admire this from books, movies or post cards and we dream of seeing it in the future, in person.  Yes, I often wondered how it would be like to see this for myself...  And what a delight it is!  Sometimes, I enjoy just letting the leaves rain on me on a very windy day.  Or I just take some time to sit and admire the view. I became very camera-happy and I snapped some decent photos.  Please come and join me on this beautiful Autumn afternoon and enjoy the colors and the views...
     I took a little walk this morning to breathe in some fresh air and snap a few photos before the leaves all fall to the ground.  Actually, I was reading a friend's blog today and I was inspired to go out and take pictures myself.  Stacking wood can wait... (that's another story :)


A Pinay's Diary

The welcome sign at the entrance of the Centennial Park, Moncton

What do you think about these views, huh?


A Pinay's Diary

This is a small lake close to home.

A Pinay's Diary

It's actually man-made (the lake, I mean)
It goes to show that no matter the advancement man achieves on all other fields,
God's creations are the one's that truly delight our inner being.


A Pinay's Diary
A Pinay's Diary

Sometimes the water dries up because of lack of rain.
Other times, it is deliberately drained to prevent flooding.

A Pinay's Diary

A Pinay's Diary

A Pinay's Diary

A Pinay's Diary
A Pinay's Diary

These Mandarin Ducks reside here.
Uhmmm, I am guilty of feeding these cuties too.
Although there is a sign that says we shouldn't ;(

A Pinay's Diary

How could you resist? :)
In the summer, sea-gulls and geese loiter here as well.
It's full of life!

A Pinay's Diary

The sad thing is, they don't migrate to warmer places anymore
because they find food here.
Poor ducks gets cold in the winter :(

A Pinay's Diary

The paved trail goes around the lake.
It takes about half an hour to complete the trail on a leisurely speed.
In the winter, this site becomes a skating rink,
full of families, children and laughter.

A Pinay's Diary

Or you could make a detour on an unpaved trail...
 
A Pinay's Diary

Where the lake water flows from.
 
A Pinay's Diary
A Pinay's Diary
A Pinay's Diary

Up to the Children's Playground


Whenever I baby sit kids at home for some income,
I take them here to play.
They enjoy just playing and running around and I save my home from disaster, lol...

Time to walk back home...

A Pinay's Diary

     My first real glimpse of the beauty of autumn was during my first few months in Canada.  An older Canadian couple had been very, very good to me.  One day, they decided to go for a hike and they took me along.  Imagine my excitement as we walked along the trails covered with bright red and yellow leaves?  Finally, we reached the summit of the mountain and I was filled with delight as I looked down the the colorful scenery and I soaked it all in.  I felt so free and refreshed!  "Canadians are very hospitable,"  I teased.  We found a rubber mat with the word "WELCOME" written on it.


     That was the event that encouraged me to purchase a camera.  Yes, I saved part of my early wages in order to afford one.  And that little gadget worked so hard!



Here's some more pictures from around Centennial Park before I let you go :)

A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary

Fire Station
 
A Pinay's Diary

This building is used for Fireman's rehearsals.
They deliberately put that black oil tank on fire for them to practice on.


Souvenirs from the Military.
Nearby homes were occupied by Soldier's and their families in the past,
until the bases were moved to Kitchener early this year.

A Pinay's Diary






Follow on Bloglovin


3 comments:

  1. How glad I am you're back, I've been missing you darling Maya !
    Surely when you arrived in Canada you've found such a different world, in the Philippines there so many amazing things but of any other kind, in Northern America you've found the changing of the seasons, the cold, the snow you probably still didn't know yet ... you know, the colours of your Autumn are so very similar to ours in Northern Italy !
    Anyway, congrats on your photographs, they're truly gorgeous !!!
    Have a most beautiful remainder of your week
    with love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing colors! And yes, your pictures are so lovely! It's delightful to read about your fall experiences from the moment you "laid eyes" on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.