How long does your manicure last?Mine usually last for 4 days without chipping, gone on the fifth day. I usually don't pay much attention because I want to paint my nails again... This time, I wanted to know just how long my mani could last... I broke the record and passed 6 days... here are some pictures :) ~ Some tips at the end of this blog ;)
Still looking great.
Chores include the same as yesterday's plus
handwashing about 10 pieces of delicate clothing.
BTW, i use hand-gloves when doing dishes or washing clothes ;)
Today I re-applied glitters on the middle finger
and clear top coat on the rest ;)
Out and about includes shopping... plus the usual.
Made stew for dinner :) Mani still looking great!
This is what helped my mani last up to 6 days:* Applied basecoat to clean, dry nails before the color, and applied top-coat after.
* Cleaned out polish that got into my cuticles and skin before drying. I find that if I do not do this, the excess polish cause lifting (peeling).
* Capped the tips of my nails when applying the polish. (I make sure I brush some polish on the tips of my finger nails too to seal it.
* Applied cuticle oil every night and hand-cream everytime I wash my hands. Having healthy cuticles makes your manicure look better.
* And of course, I don't use my nails as tools. I try to treat them gently and use gloves whenever I can.
Want to make your manicure last even longer?* Try using Julep's Polymer Top Coat
* Even better, paint your favorite polish in between a gel polish base coat and top-coat (fondly called gelly-sandwich). This may make your manicure last for up to a week.
* And the winner? Wear your manicure for up to 14 days if you use gel-polish or shellac (but there's a price to pay... hahaha)
How do you make your manicure last longer?