Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Basics of Crochet for Beginners from a Beginner


Michael Jordan, 
when asked what makes him so good at basketball answered: 
"I mastered the basics."  
In this post you will learn a few basics of crochet. I present to you these videos as a beginner myself, sincerely hoping that together, we would learn from them.  Here you will learn: How to hold your yarn and hook and how to crochet some basic stitches like the slip knot, chain, single crochet, double crochet and treble (or tripple) crochet.  I hope you will find these videos informative and satisfying.

How to Hold the Yarn and the Hook
Just in case, this is what i said:
"Let's do that again." and "Pull it up a bit."

I realized I said those to fast and it sounded funny :-)


How to do a Slip Knot


How to crochet a Chain




How to do a Single Crochet




How to do a Double Crochet




How to do a Treble Crochet





Michael Jordan wanted to be good at basketball and he did what it takes to fulfill his desire.  We want to be good at crocheting too: to make really pretty pieces of clothing, accessories, gifts.... the list is endless... We can follow a pattern that someone else made, or we can start making our own patterns.  Do it just for fun or maybe start a small business... pass the time or earn some money... The possibilities are really endless.  To be good at something, first we have to know the basics.  

Some of you may already have been doing crochet for many years, just don't know what the technical terms are for the steps and techniques employed in crochet.  Well, that's okay.  But if you want to learn more, I have put up a series of mini video tutorials that I thought might help.  Please bookmark this page for future reference and share it with your friends.  I hope that you would continue to learn and enjoy crochet.

These series of brief video tutorials are designed for crochet beginners.  These are my first video tutorials so I welcome all comments, even violent reactions. *wink

Please feel free to email me or leave comments down below if you have any questions or suggestions.

xoxo, Maya


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web page daily, this
    site is genuinely pleasant and the users are genuinely sharing nice thoughts.


    Also visit my page pretty girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drop a comment when I like a post on a site or I have something to contribute to
    the conversation. It's a result of the passion communicated in the article I browsed.

    And on this post "The Basics of Crochet for Beginners from a Beginner".
    I was actually excited enough to post a leave a responsea response ;) I actually do have
    2 questions for you if it's okay. Could it be only me or does
    it seem like some of the responses look as if they are coming from brain dead people?
    :-P And, if you are writing on other online sites, I'd like to keep up with you.

    Would you list the complete urls of all your communal sites
    like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?


    my web page hot Japanese girls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.