Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall in Love with Dickson Falls

A Pinay's Diary

Fall in love with Dickson Fall's
Summer Lush
or Autumn Beauty

"Where do you want to go?"  Hubby asked me the night before we planned to take our dear visiting friend to the National Park.  "Dickson Falls!"  I replied very quickly and eagerly.  "You've been there twice this year already?" was his kind but surprised answer. With a smile of excitement I whispered: "Yes, but it's Autumn!  I'm sure it'll look very different." "Oh come, let's take a look at the map and maybe you'll want to go somewhere else this time..."  Indeed I found another part of the park I have not visited yet.  We planned our route... But guess what?  Can't resist Dickson Falls, before you know it... it's still on top of my list.


A Pinay's Diary
Dickson Falls is a microclimate within the Fundy National Park.  It's a series of boardwalks built along a brook and the waterfall that flows through it.  The climate in this little area is different from the rest of the park that surrounds it. Imagine yourself looking breathlessly at this typical Canadian scene... Then as you walk a few steps towards the brook, tadah!  You are transported to a lovely tropical scene.  It's like a rainforest!

I've seen this three times this summer and I can not get tired of it.  Who can get tired of peace and tranquility? Of the sound of flowing water? Birds chirping?... Even the cool crisp air that makes it so easy to breathe? No, I jump on the opportunity to come back here anytime.  I'd even bring a chair and just sit here for hours!  I constantly wondered if I could go and play on the water too... seriously! (Yeah, yeah, my mind recalls Colorado Falls in the city where I grew up.  I could be splashing in this cool waters now as I did there when I was a child.  Want to join me?)

A friend teased me: "It's the same view all the time, why do you take so many photos?" The summer lush is completely transformed into the golden colors of autumn.  It seemed like a completely different place all together!  When I showed them the pictures, all they could say is "Ahhh, now I want to come back in the summer."  Yay...
A Pinay's Diary

 

Summer Lush





A Pinay's Diary
Beautiful summer scenery.
These pictures were taken mid-August of 2013
A Pinay's Diary

My dear friend have been to hikes at the Amazon, she's been to Australia and British Columbia... a well traveled young lady she is.... "This is by far the best trail I've ever hiked.  Every step of the way is beauty and serenity. Some trails you walk for a long time then there's a piece of a great view.  Then walk for hours before you see the next."  Giggles... Dickson falls is only a 30 minute hike usually, and the boardwalks makes it a breeze... Wait till we bring her to more strenuous trails like Matthews Head or Laverty Falls, hi hi hi hi ;)


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary
The waters sparkle in the sun like gems...
this waterfall is even grander and more powerful after a rain...
I wonder how it looks like in the spring when the snow melts?
Or in the winter when it's covered by snow?

 Fall Beauty



A Pinay's Diary
Photos were taken in mid-October, 2013
See what I mean by being completely transformed?
I'm glad that I was able to come back again at this time of year...


A Pinay's Diary
A Pinay's Diary
The fallen leaves add a different feel to it's beauty.


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary



A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary
A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary
Even the sound of the leaves as you step on them is quite thrilling.


A Pinay's Diary


A Pinay's Diary
I think that of all the trails in the Fundy National Park, Dickson Falls is my most favorite.
A Pinay's Diary

So, what do you think of Dickson Falls?




Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.