Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weaving Warm Hugs for the Cold Winter Days

As the year goes well along, we entered a new season again... yup the dreaded winter months.  It's not all dark, cold and dreary though... snow is a sure beautiful delight.  In order to enjoy it, we have to keep ourselves bundled-up, all nice and toasty... so I thought of "weaving some warm hugs"... Okay, okay, it's not really weaving (yet), I tried my hand on crochet and here is what I came up with.  Decent job huh?


I saw a young girl wearing a crocheted ear warmer once and of course, I wanted one for myself.  Oh sorry, not that I'm covetous, or anything like that... just want to keep warm... lol... The price, though, didn't agree with me. "Make one?" A voice inside of me whispers. It presented a challenge to creativity, so, "why not?". "How hard can it be?" I thought... Hence, I used my Michael's Store discount coupon and bought me some yarn and hook... What do you think?

Here's a photo of the head band / ear warmer.  It is fastened with a button at the bottom... Oh my, that sounds weird doesn't it... hehehe.

I'll be posting the free pattern soon.  Cause you know?  I'm that cool, lol... 



And here's the infinity scarf that I made.  Yellow?  Wasn't sure about it the first time, I thought it would be more of a spring or summer color.  Of course, it is... But why not for winter too?  It does a great job in cheering up a bland black outfit... (Yup, most of my winter coats are black :-)



I'm working on the pattern and will post as soon as it's done... I want to make sure it is easy to follow, lol... It was easy to make.  Writing the pattern, on the other hand, is a lot trickier. I'm enjoying crocheting so much that I may set up an online store.  Would anyone be interested?

Have a great day everyone!
May you be filled with love and hope.... and lots of warm hugs...


~*Maya*~


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful! Just reading this and seeing your handiwork warm me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ate Chars!!! I hope you are having a great day!

      Delete
  2. Go go go go gooo share your beautiful crochets online:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :-) I appreciate your confidence in me :-)

      Delete

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.