Monday, August 24, 2015

Mally Professional Gel Nails System | Nail Art



See me sporting my gel polish which lasted until I had to remove it.  {Fancy taking a nailfie at one of Canada's best tourist spot?}

First of all, love the pink carrying case, not only is it handy and organized its also really feminine.

The LED lamp is sooo pretty.  My first thought is, "It looks like a crystal chandelier!"  It also has a timer for 30, 60 and 90 seconds.  In the process, the 90 second timer is not used (I wonder what it is for then.)   My other LED lamp goes for 30 seconds only so sometimes I turn it on twice. Hence, the 60 second timer is very convenient.  The packaging is very nice too... The grey, aluminum like bottles are elegant {in my opinion} (don't know exactly what they are made off.)

The finger-soaker is handy for removing the polish.  I like this kind of soaker because of the palm support.  I use a little glass bowl which works very well, but the support is nice, more relaxing. This would use up more acetone, though. and more skin surface will be exposed to the chemical.  If you have some assistance, wrapping fingers with cotton and aluminum foil is preferable.  On your own, it can be time consuming and tedious versus pour-and-soak...  Yes, I cut-out my own foils and little pieces of cotton for soak-off.  This takes a little patience, unless you purchase the ready made ones which are expeeeeensive!  On the other hand soaking would be easier, and the gel polish breaks down faster.  Too bad it came with only one soaker. Soaking both hands at the same time would have been a lot more convenient and time saving.  If you would decide to buy another, I think it's very affordable on Ebay.

This is my first look at the Mally Professional Gel Care system. I have the Finger Paints Gel Polish System.  Please visit that review to see my thoughts on DIY gel polish, I strongly think that Mally and Finger Paints are comparable in quality and durability on the nails, as well as the process of use.  The difference is, if you could get a friend buy this set for you, Mally is cheaper.

How long does it last? The gap between my cuticle and the polish is the obvious reminder that the manicure had to be redone.  Otherwise, just as Mally herself puts it, "It's bullet proof." {*wink*}  Oh, the durability also depends on how rough/gentle you are with your hands and fingernails (duh :p). I had two full weeks without any chips, longer if I allowed it, versus my friend only had it pretty for a week.

This set was a gift from a dear friend.  It can be purchased online (only in the US) at the current price of $180.00.  For that price, it would be more affordable and more sanitary to do your own gel polish versus going to the salon {unless you like being pampered, which I do like}

Here's what's included in the system:

  • 1.10-fl-oz Nail Surface Cleanser
  • 0.34-fl-oz Nail Prep
  • 0.32-fl-oz Gel Primer
  • 0.28-fl-oz Base Coat
  • 0.28-fl-oz Top Coat
  • 0.23-fl-oz nail color in Aristocrat, a soft mauve
  • 0.23-fl-oz nail color in Big Apple, a candy apple red
  • 0.23-fl-oz nail color in Mally's Baby, a soft glittery pink
  • 0.23-fl-oz nail color in Tutu, a beige pink
  • 0.29-fl-oz Cuticle Oil
  • Stainless Steel Cuticle Tool
  • Double-sided nail file
  • LED lamp
  • 100 lint-free wipes
  • Two Soak-Off Gel Polish Removers, 4-fl-oz each
  • One remover bowl
  • Carrying case
  • DVD and instructional tip card
  • Measurements: Lamp 6-3/8"L x 4-1/4"D x 4"H, 46"L cord; Case 11-1/2"L x 8-1/2"D x 6-1/4"H


2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Maya! Your nails are gorgeous, my friend :) Wishing you a lovely day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.