Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Seal Watching



Puffin Boat Tours
Queen Ann's Bay
Victoria, Nova Scotia

These animals are enormous, lazily basking in the rocks.  As if turning their heads snobbishly away from me, they plunge into the water.  Most of them would bob their heads in and out of the water.  As though they were playing hide and go seek with us.  "Take my picture!... Oh no, just kidding!" 

I've never seen seals before in their natural home.  If only I could touch them.  As we rode the boat, I raise my face to the wind and welcomed its cold touch on my skin.  It probably helped that we were the spoiled little brats, having a private tour, with the entire boat to ourselves.  Okay, we're not brats.  The clouds are heavily thick that day, just a few hours before, the rain was so strong, it felt like a hurricane.  Many people cancelled their tour leaving the entire boat to only 4 tourist and 2 guides. We moved from one seat to another, trying to get the best view possible.  Then there was a little balcony an the end of the boat where I could safely stand, raise my arms in the air and just embrace the winds.

There is a certain pleasure I could not explain every time I look at my husband busily taking photos with his phone.  I don't think he realizes how handsome he looks, his face very kind and gentle.  "Thank you,"  I whisper every now and then unable to get over how incredibly blessed I am.  Every site, every feeling, sends a thrill in my veins.  I get silent moments of reverie, never imagined I would come this far nor would I ever experience things like this.

One day I was a little girl with no care, content with my little space in the world.  Then life did what it does best - I had to grow up.   Sometimes life showers blossoms of happy times, often it shoots sharp arrows straight to the heart.  Decisions had to be toiled upon and life lived with consequences.  I had visions of what I want my life to be but did not have the slightest idea how I could get there or if it's even possible.  But having our only True God as a best friend and cleaving to him, having faith and courage, life is better than whatever I imagined it to be.

***

I am joining these lovely blog parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.